Whole-Home Humidifiers from Your Southern Maryland Experts
Leitch Heating & Air Conditioning has been making Southern Maryland homes safer and more comfortable since 1992. For a modest investment, you can enhance the comfort of your home by properly humidifying your indoor air, making your home healthier for your family.
A whole-home humidifier offers the following benefits:
- Reduces dry, itchy skin and static shocks
- Extends the life of your home furnishings, precious art
and delicate instruments.
- Lowers your energy bill because you actually feel warmer
at a lower temperature
- Humidifies your whole home evenly and with just the
right amount of humidity
- Offers automatic features with state-of-the-art “smart” digital controls for ease of operation
- Conserves water and energy; in fact, most models use virtually no electricity
Our expert technicians can install whole-home humidifiers on most systems!
There are many humidifier brands you can choose from but it’s the proper installation it’s the key to whole-home humidity comfort. Call the humidity experts at Leitch Heating and Air Conditioning to recommend and install the system that’s right for you. Whether you have a small or large home, a new home or an older one, Leitch Heating and Air Conditioning is the trusted professional contractor to call. We stand behind our all work, always.
Here are some things you may not know about humidity in your home!
- The driest place on earth is Death Valley, with a relative humidity of 25%, but the relative humidity of a home in the US on a 10-degree day, with a forced air furnace blowing, can be in the single digits!
- There are fewer germs in the winter than during any other season. There are three ways to kill germs – Chemically, Heat, and Cold
- We often develop colds in the winter because we’re trapped indoors with germs and dry air.
- The drier your home air, the more rapid the rate of evaporation of perspiration on your skin, so the quicker the body cools. The normal response is to turn up the heat. However, the higher you turn the heat, the drier the air becomes and the more your body evaporates moisture and the cooler you feel!
Why choose a whole-home humidifier?
Installed directly to your home’s central heating and cooling system, a whole-home humidifier provides whole-home comfort—unlike portable units that only address certain rooms. Too much humidity can be as much of a problem as too little humidity. Unlike portable units, a whole-home humidifier continually monitors relative humidity levels and then delivers the perfect amount of moisture to the air throughout your entire home.
Aprilaire offers both evaporative and steam humidifiers that introduce humidity into your home’s air in the form of water vapor, which prevents minerals from entering the air in your home and potentially into your lungs. Maintenance of our humidifiers is easy and infrequent, requiring attention just once or twice a year. Compare that to portable humidifiers that require you to monitor levels in messy tanks.
For more information about humidification systems, contact us or call us at 410-535-2234 today!
Waldorf, La Plata, White Plains, Leonardtown, Lexington Park, Charlotte Hall Mechanicsville, Hollywood, Lusby, Huntingtown, Upper Marlboro, Brandywine, Indian Head, Bryans Road, Fort Washington, Edgewater, Annapolis, Deale, Shady side, Parol, North Beach, Chesapeake Beach, Sunderland Friendship, Hughesville, Great Mills, Ridge, Accokeek, Loveville, Owings, Broomes Island, Chaptico, Dowell, Saint Marys City, Drayden, Tall Timbers, Solomons, Solomons Island, Port Tobacco, Prince Frederick, Barstow, Callaway, Bushwood, Bryan Town, California, Dameron, Bowie, Clinton, Marbury, Nanjemoy, marshall Hall, Saint Indigoes, Callaway, Aquasco, Issue, Newburg,
Cobb Island, North Beach