High-Efficiency HVAC Systems
High-efficiency heating & A/C systems will reduce energy costs by up to 40%. Plus you may be eligible for additional incentives. Save big with a high-efficiency heating and cooling system from Leitch Heating & Air Conditioning!
Did you know that today’s modern furnaces and air conditioners are “intelligent”, and as a result they reduce energy consumption and lower your utility bills by up to 40%? It’s great to get rebates and incentives!
High-efficiency systems and green technology can help reduce your carbon footprint and save you money.
When it comes to heating and cooling options, you can choose between “conventional” or “high-efficiency”. New furnaces and air conditioners have energy savings assigned to them (see below), and these high-efficiency systems qualify for additional incentives. Even larger rebates are available for “alternative” heating and cooling systems such as hybrids and geothermals.
ECM – a low-cost upgrade to save 25% on energy costs!
Did you know that a simple, low-cost upgrade of the blower motor in your furnace can save 25% in annual electrical costs? Older HVAC systems typically have motors that are far less efficient and much noisier than today’s “electronically commutated motors”, or ECMs. Call Leitch Heating & Air conditioning today to learn more.
Heating and cooling systems that have been, or may be, eligible for federal tax credits include:
- Furnaces and Boilers (Natural Gas, Propane, or Oil Furnaces and Boilers with 95% AFUE)
- Split System Air Conditioners Rated 16 SEER / 13 EER
- Split System Heat Pumps Rated 15 SEER / 12.5 EER / 8.5 HSPF
- Air Conditioners Rated 14 SEER / 12 EER
- Heat Pumps Rated 14 SEER / 12 EER / 8 HSPF
- Geothermal Heating-Cooling Systems
- Advanced Main Air Circulating Fans
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since incentive programs and rebates vary in amounts and change by the season, contact us to learn more. Our in-home consultants are always aware of all programs, eligibility and deadlines, so call the experts at Leitch Heating and Air Conditioning for details.
An ECM can save significant energy costs. Energy buzzwords to help you become an informed buyer include:
- AFUE: Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. A thermal efficiency measure of combustion equipment such as furnaces, boilers, and water heaters.
- SEER: Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. Cooling output in Btu’s during a typical cooling-season divided by the total electric energy input in watt-hours during the same period. For air-conditioning and air-source heat pumps.
- EER: Energy Efficiency Ratio of a particular cooling device; the ratio of output cooling (in Btu/hr) to input electrical power (in watts).
- HSPF: Heating Seasonal Performance Factor. A measure of efficiency for air source heat pumps.
Another reminder regarding tax credits and rebates:
Alternative energy systems (and traditional systems such as a high-efficiency furnace or A/C) can qualify for federal, state or local tax credits and / or energy rebates. Since these programs vary in scope and duration, contact us to learn about the latest programs. Our in-home consultants are always aware of the current programs, including those for hybrid and geothermal systems.
Waldorf, La Plata, White Plains, Leonardtown, Lexington Park, Charlotte Hall Mechanicsville, Hollywood, Lusby, Huntingtown, Upper Marlboro, Brandywine, Indian Head, Bryans Road, Fort Washington, Edgewater, Annapolis, Deale, Shady side, Parol, North Beach, Chesapeake Beach, Sunderland Friendship, Hughesville, Great Mills, Ridge, Accokeek, Loveville, Owings, Broomes Island, Chaptico, Dowell, Saint Marys City, Drayden, Tall Timbers, Solomons, Solomons Island, Port Tobacco, Prince Frederick, Barstow, Callaway, Bushwood, Bryan Town, California, Dameron, Bowie, Clinton, Marbury, Nanjemoy, marshall Hall, Saint Indigoes, Callaway, Aquasco, Issue, Newburg,
Cobb Island, North Beach